Ocena wątku:
  • 0 głosów - średnia: 0
Email Client Settings Lan Controller HW:1.2 SW:2.59
I have recently bought a LAN Controller and it was not difficult to configure it except Email Client Settings.
Is it possible to configure for Yahoo or Gmail Accounts?
I tried for Yahoo without success:
SMTP Server: smtp.mail.yahoo.com
Port: 465
User Name: ivangu@yahoo.com
Password: ************

To: myseccondaccount@yahoo.com
Subject: Lan Controller Event

I tried for Gmail without success:
SMTP Server: smtp.gmail.com
Port: 465
User Name: myaccount@gmail.com
Password: ************

To: myseccondaccount@yahoo.com
Subject: Lan Controller Event

I used to send CDO mails from VB, VBA and VBScript, but besides those pieces of information I needed SSL Encription. It was needed also when I configured my DVR from video survelliance. How can I use this kind of mail without mentioning if SSL Encription is true or false? Is it in fact possible to use this type of accounts?
Can anybody explain what kind of account should be used?
If not can you help me creating a fake e-mail account (does not matter how it is named) just to use it at SMTP Server area? If Yes my mail is ivangu@yahoo.com

Thanks in advance!
<t></t>
Odpowiedz
I suppose that people involved in programming the controller should clarify the necessary mail account able to be used in Email Client Settings from the next point of view:

The 'Use Authentication' attribute is considered 'Yes' by the program?
Does the necessary email account require SSL, TLS or anything?

Thanks in advance!
<t></t>
Odpowiedz
Muszę napisać w języku polskim?
<t></t>
Odpowiedz
you must use email account without ssl
pozdrawiam
tomek
Odpowiedz
Thanks!
I started to be sure about that, but I couldn't fins such a mail provider...
I tried a Polish mail account and I succeeded to make faneduru@wp.pl account, but it looks that it requires SSL too...
Can you give me a link to a Polish mail account creation which allows such SMTP mail without SSL? Can you help me in order to create such an account? I dare to ask that because in order to create the Polish mail account presented above I tried more then 30 times... In the English translated version (by Google) one part of the registering questionnaire was missing (the one asking to add some numbers...) and the error message was very strange and irrelevant. I succeeded to create the account only after learning the meaning of each field in Polish and do everything in Polish language which I do not know at all...

Thanks in advance!
<t></t>
Odpowiedz
I succeeded to create a Polish mail account and it worked with the next configuration:

SMTP Server: poczta.o2.pl, Port: 587
User Name: mymail@o2.pl
Password: *******

To: ivangu@yahoo.com
Subiect: LAN Restarter Info

I tried to allocate an alias to the mail account name, in order to be more relevant. Something like this: LAN_Controller, but after Save and Reboot I could not see anything in all Network Config fields. I restarted the controller many times without any success. I reset it to the factory settings and I reconfigured the Mail Client exactly in the same way (like above) and it does not work any more... Is it something else to be configured and I missed it? Is it anything else to try?

Thanks in advance!
<t></t>
Odpowiedz
You set proper gateway and DNS?
pozdrawiam
tomek
Odpowiedz
Yes, I did. It is in the LAN. I can access it on internet (I forwarded its port). Now I am connected through internet...
Gateway - Router IP: 192.168.1.1
Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
DNS: 192.168.1.1

Is it somewhere else than Network Settings?
<t></t>
Odpowiedz
I am thinking at resetting again at default settings and re-configuring it from scratch... I would ask now the help of my wife who is at home but after this reset the controller port will be 80 and the router itself communicate on 80 too and I would not have remote access any more. I think to apply this extreme solution only if I could not discover the problem otherwise... Maybe to install again the firmware (the same 2.59).
Apropos, do you know if TFTP works through internet? I mean to send the command like this:
tftp -i external IP:port put "F:\LAN Conroller\lan-module-ver-2-59-hw-1-2.bin"
<t></t>
Odpowiedz
Even if documentation says that it is not recommended to use TFTP on internet because of its lack of security, it does not work at all. I received the message:
tftp: don't know host 'external IP:8080'...
<t></t>
Odpowiedz

Skocz do:

Użytkownicy przeglądający ten wątek: 1 gości