Ocena wątku:
  • 0 głosów - średnia: 0
Temperature sensors' values disappear
Hello all,

a technical issue started a week ago (or so) on my LK3.8 v.1.49d. The symptom is that temperature sensors' (DS18B20) values disappear for approx. 5seconds and then come back again. It is happening on one of three sensors directly connected to LK from time to time, but mainly the sensors connected via splitter LANKON-099 are affected (all four sensors). Restart doesn't help. The temperatures are between 20 and 60°C.

The situation is rather annoying, because I have some events based on sensor values and with such problems the events doesn't work properly.

Can anybody give me an advice, what could be wrong?

Thank you in advance.
Best regards
Max
Odpowiedz
Hello Max
What means disappear - the readings are -60 degree?
IF it happen, it means that controller is not able to decode read frames from sensors.
It can be caused by wrong connections but more probably are poor sensors, or long cables.
I newest firmware 1.57a we change little this function, to try more times (more frames) decode and if not success show -60 after longer time.
Maybe it help, but for reliable measurement system I suggest check sensors first. IF they not work correctly alone it is bad sign.
Did you buy this sensors from tinycontrol?
<t></t>
Odpowiedz
(06-15-2023, 03:34 PM)notek napisał(a): Hello Max
What means disappear - the readings are -60 degree?
IF it happen, it means that controller is not able to decode read frames from sensors.
It can be caused by wrong connections but more probably are poor sensors, or long cables.
I newest firmware 1.57a we change little this function, to try more  times (more frames) decode and if not success show -60 after longer time.
Maybe it help, but for reliable measurement system I suggest check sensors first. IF they not work correctly alone it is bad  sign.
Did you buy this sensors from tinycontrol?

Hello Notek,
the value are not -60 degrees, but rather null. The situation lasts for 5 till 16 seconds approx. and then the temperature value come back again. In UI it looks like this:
[Obrazek: yB3m1f.jpg]

As I wrote earlier, this started to happen 2-3weeks ago, before that there was no problem at all. The sensors are original LANKON-070.

I have bought another LK3.8, I'm going to try to change the device for a new one. I can flash it with new 1.57a firmware, if you recommend that.

Any other ideas?

Thank you!
Best regards
MaX
Odpowiedz
Hello all,

just to complete this thread - with new LK HW 3.8 on SW 1.57a the problem is solved for now. At least I know, that sensors, wire's length and 1Wire splitters are OK. If there are further problems, I'll post the description here.

Have a nice one.
MaX
Odpowiedz
Hello, LK3 also happens to me that once in a while the DS18B20 sensor "goes crazy" and shows e.g. -20,-40, see a picture. LK3-SW-1.57a | HW 3.7
I can't insert an image, only a URL  Huh
Odpowiedz

Skocz do:

Użytkownicy przeglądający ten wątek: 1 gości