Ocena wątku:
  • 0 głosów - średnia: 0
SNMP Trap
Hello,

I want to ask, if it is possible in some next version of sw to change the information the snmp trap sends. Because I found out, that LanController sends more traps with the same specific trap oid (1470) and only the variable is different. The SNMPc application can match events to traps only on trap oid (which is always the same) or variable value (not on variable name). So for exapmle it is imposible to recognize for SNMPc which digital input changes the state.

It will be also good if there is some mib group (with notification-type) for traps in mib table.
<t></t>
Odpowiedz
Each inputs, outpusts has different OID, waht soft version you have?
pozdrawiam
tomek
Odpowiedz
I tested 2.51, 2.53, 2.54, 2.55, 3.17 on HW1.1 and I always received trap oid 1.3.6.1.4.1.17095.0.1470, only the variable is changing. See enclosed trap packet details for inp3. If I recieved trap for DigitalInput1-4, the oid was the same, only in the variable bind was another object with its value.

Załączone pliki
.jpg   Trap_packet.jpg (Rozmiar: 154.27 KB / Pobrań: 2,232)
<t></t>
Odpowiedz
look for Object name:1.3.6.1.4.1.17095.4.5.0 it is different to all outs/inputs
pozdrawiam
tomek
Odpowiedz
Yes, but Object name is "variable name" it is located in Variable Bind and SNMPc couldn't make decissions on that information. Just on trap oid or variable value. But if the trap oid is always the same how for example can SNMPc know which DigitalInput (1..4) is down?
<t></t>
Odpowiedz

Skocz do:

Użytkownicy przeglądający ten wątek: 1 gości