Ocena wątku:
  • 0 głosów - średnia: 0
watchdog issues in LK4
Hi,
we have some problems with the latest batch of LK4 regarding the Watchdog feature.
(we are using various models of LanController, from LK1.2 to LK4 and the watchdog is essential to us.)

A. 
Mainly, there is a problem with the Restart Limit.
It should be able to set it to Unlimited Restarts by using zero("0") value in the web page configuration, in conformance with the statement in the API documentation, which I don't know if it works either because we don't use API:
https://docs.tinycontrol.pl/en/lk4/api/c...tabbed_1_1
Cytat:K - number of consecutive restarts before stopping the watchdog function (value 0 means no limit), integer

Right now in FW v1.18a, it is not possible to set "0" value in the web configuration. It says: 
Cytat:This field must be "1" or more.
See screenshot below(A).

The exact same issue exists on LK3.8, see my other post for details:
https://forum.tinycontrol.pl/showthread.php?tid=2982

So, is it possible to re-instate the UNLIMITED RESTARTS "0" value for LK4 and LK3.8 too?

B.
Watchdog #6 (wd6) cannot be enabled.
It stays "off" even though it is enabled in the web configuration.
See screenshot below(B).

C.
In "Ping time [ms]" status fields, it says "0" when there is TIME OUT, which is incorrect and confusing. 0ms means that the connection is perfect, but there is no connection on TIME OUT.
See screenshot below( C).
Other Lan Controller models like LK3, LK3.8 etc., they are displaying the message "Time Out" in RED background and that is very nice.

Thanks for your support.

Załączone pliki Miniatury

Odpowiedz
Another thing that I have observed was that the watchdog itself is STOPPED when the RESTART limit is reached and it does not start running again, unless the LK4 reboots or the user press the SAVE button in the web interface(i.e resets the restart counter).

In the current scenario, even if you fix the disconnection issue, the LK4 does not protect the device any more, the watchdog stays off.
This is not optimal.

It should run the ping continuously forever when the watchdog is enabled and only the RESTART should stop at the desired limit(if any).
The ping running continuously would automatically protect the connected device again, when the issue of the disconnection is fixed. On the first successful ping, the restart counter should be reset to zero and continue as normal.
Odpowiedz

Skocz do:

Użytkownicy przeglądający ten wątek: 2 gości