Ocena wątku:
  • 0 głosów - średnia: 0
watchdog restart limit in LK3.8
Hi,
we have a problem with the latest batch of LK3.8 we acquired(we are using many units spanning from LK1.2, LK2, LK3.8 to LK4).

In the watchdog feature page, there isn't a way to set unlimited restarts. It only goes up to 255 and stops. 
It used to be a way (on LK3.8 firmware v1.36 (Feb. 23, 2021), upwards to at least v1.44 if I remember correctly), by setting zero("0") value on the "Limit of Restarts" field, after a request of mine to add the feature in LK3 that was also lacking the unlimited restarts and you made that happen by making "255" value as the unlimited restarts in LK3 v1.57a FW and "0" value as the unlimited restarts in LK3.8 v1.34 FW onwards (officially added and noted on LK3.5/3.8 v1.36 FW downloads page).
https://tinycontrol.pl/en/lan-controller-35/firmware/
Cytat:v1.36 note: "In the Watchdog function, setting Restart limit to 0 will result in the limit being lifted (restarts can be performed indefinitely)."

For reference, my post regarding LK3 is this:
https://forum.tinycontrol.pl/showthread.php?tid=1487
(For anyone looking for the LK3 v1.57a FW, it exists only in my post above! It is skipped on the official FW downloads page.)

So, is it possible to re-instate the UNLIMITED RESTARTS "0" value for LK3.8?

The current LK3.8 FW v1.60a FW does not allow to enter "0" value. 
It says:
Cytat:This field must be "1" or more.

See screenshot below with various watchdog scenarios.

Thanks for your support.

P.S.
The same issue (and some more) exists on LK4 v1.18a FW but i will make a separate post about them.

Załączone pliki Miniatury

Odpowiedz
Another thing that I have observed was that the watchdog itself is STOPPED when the RESTART limit is reached and it does not start running again, unless the LK3.8 reboots or the user press the SAVE button in the web interface(i.e resets the restart counter).

In the current scenario, even if you fix the disconnection issue, the LK3.8 does not protect the device any more, the watchdog stays off.

This is not optimal.
It should run the ping continuously forever when the watchdog is enabled and only the RESTART should stop at the desired limit(if any).
The ping running continuously would automatically protect the connected device again, when the issue of the disconnection is fixed. On the first successful ping, the restart counter should be reset to zero and continue as normal.
Odpowiedz

Skocz do:

Użytkownicy przeglądający ten wątek: 1 gości