Ocena wątku:
  • 0 głosów - średnia: 0
LAN Controller version 1.2 SW:2.43
I am using the above mentioned LAN Controller version from some years, without any problem. From some months it started behaving strange.
I mean, it remains connected to internet and sends mails (as email client) in case of programmed events being triggered, but after one, two days I cannot acces its interface (in browser), any more. But, like I tried emphasizing, it is connected to internet and I receive mail messages even when I cannot access its interface.
It starts working as it should if I reset it. But also for one or two days...
It is PPoE supplied on the LAN cable. 
Can you advice for such a case? 
What should I try in order to solve the above mentioned problematic behavior?

Thanks in advance!
Odpowiedz
what sw version do you have?
pozdrawiam
tomek
Odpowiedz
(03-15-2022, 02:48 PM)wilkxt napisał(a): what sw version do you have?

SW:2.43, as mentioned in the question title...
Is there another later firmware update solving such an issue?

I found here: https://tinycontrol.pl/en/archives/lan-controller-10/
new firmware updates.
The one named "v3.22 HW1.2 (Filename: lc10_v3_22_HW1_2.bin (325.1 KB)) looks appropriate to me.
Is there any documentation able to state what does it correct and on which HW version can it be applied?

Does it still keep the watchdog facility?

Thanks!

SW:2.43
Odpowiedz
version 3.xx don't have watchdoog
version 2.xx have watchdog
you may use 3.xx or 2.xx on this HW.
pozdrawiam
tomek
Odpowiedz
(03-15-2022, 03:45 PM)wilkxt napisał(a): version 3.xx don't have watchdoog

OK. Thanks!
I will firstly try 'V2.59 (Filename: lc10_v2_59_HW1_2.bin (322.4 KB))
Odpowiedz
(03-15-2022, 05:59 PM)FaneBranesti napisał(a):

OK. Thanks!
I updated to V2.59 but it behaves in the same way...
Do you think that  a problematic UTP cable may produce such a behavior? The controller is connected to the router with a cable of about 30 m. 
Does the browser interface need a better connection quality than the mail client?
Odpowiedz
(03-15-2022, 08:59 PM)FaneBranesti napisał(a):

OK. Thanks!
Do you think that  a problematic UTP cable may produce such a behavior? The controller is connected to the router with a cable of about 30 m. 
Does the browser interface need a better connection quality than the mail client?
Browser interface don't need hihg speed, it is about 80kB/s.
It is hard to say what could be the cause.
Maybe you will try a new version with more possibilities?  https://tinycontrol.pl/en/lan-controller-35/
pozdrawiam
tomek
Odpowiedz
(03-29-2022, 07:50 AM)wilkxt napisał(a):
(03-15-2022, 08:59 PM)FaneBranesti napisał(a):

OK. Thanks!
Browser interface don't need high speed, it is about 80kB/s.
It is hard to say what could be the cause.
Maybe you will try a new version with more possibilities?  https://tinycontrol.pl/en/lan-controller-35/

I had in mind such a possibility, but I am afraid that it may behave in the same way. I have two such controllers and after they work perfectly for more than six years, suddenly both of them started to behave in the same way, even I updated them at all available firmware (the version without watchdog included). I started to think that it cam be something not related to the controller itself, but I cannot understand what. Since it can be supplied with a big range of voltage I tried increasing from 12V to 24 but no change in behavior.

Anyhow, thanks for your intention to help!
If any idea, even looking strange, please do not hesitate to make a suggestion.

P.S. When I am at home (connected on LAN) and it does not work, I can use your specific application able to find it and reboot. Apropos, is there a way do do that from external IP?
Odpowiedz
(03-29-2022, 09:40 AM)FaneBranesti napisał(a): [quote pid="9248" dateline="1648529430"]

P.S. When I am at home (connected on LAN) and it does not work, I can use your specific application able to find it and reboot. Apropos, is there a way do do that from external IP?

[/quote]

From the external address yes, but you need to be redirected on the home router to the LK address and the appropriate port.

Try to connect LK direct to PC without switch and watch if the http connection will also drop.
Do you have any sensor connected to LK?
pozdrawiam
tomek
Odpowiedz
(03-29-2022, 10:19 AM)wilkxt napisał(a):
(03-29-2022, 09:40 AM)FaneBranesti napisał(a): [quote pid="9248" dateline="1648529430"]

From the external address yes, but you need to be redirected on the home router to the LK address and the appropriate port.

Try to connect LK direct to PC without switch and watch if the http connection will also drop.
Do you have any sensor connected to LK?
[/quote]

I inserted by mistake "not" in "at home (connected on LAN) and it does not work". I wanted to say IT WORKS...
Now, how to connect from external IP? I can connect to the LAN Controler (from outside), the necessary port is forwarded for its specific internal IP. But when I tried to use the external IP: Port (in fact a DDNS name: Port), I receive the error: "Unable to receive the reset message. Check network connectivity..." I tried the string which I used for connection (and it works when controller responds - 1, 2 days). Can you suggest what kind of string to use? I will try to persuade my wife to send me the external IP from my home. It is not a fix IP, that's why the need of DDNS solution...

Edited: I have just tried external IP separated by port through ":" but the same error message. You can try 82.79.21.120:8088. Does it work to reboot the controller?
I am using 'LAN Controler Tools ver.1.2'
Odpowiedz

Skocz do:

Użytkownicy przeglądający ten wątek: 2 gości