Forum Tiny Control Solution

Pełna wersja: Weird LK3 issue
Aktualnie przeglądasz uproszczoną wersję forum. Kliknij tutaj, by zobaczyć wersję z pełnym formatowaniem.
Hi.

I bought a few LK3s before (I have about 10 of them) but of the latter I acquired, 1 has a weird issue.

1. Full reset (device resets, DHCP enabled)
2. Detect device from DHCP lease, login
3. Set 1-wire to BME280 (confirm it works, T, H, P work as expected)
4. Go to Network tab and set the network: change host name, set IP to manual, DNS, gateway.
5. The device resets (automatically when changing IP)
6. Connect to the device via new IP, log in, everything works but WILL NOT READ THE BME ( reads --- as if it's not there)

Any ideas, before I RMA it? It sounds like a flash memory bug? I have tried to reflash the firmware, brought up to latest 1.43e (I could try 1.44) but throughout the updates and resets it keeps behaving like this.

I tried:
- Putting the BME in another device (works fine)
- Putting another BME in this one (still won't read)
- Resetting the device (won't read)
- Loading defaults (won't read)
- Trying to see if it reads DS18B20 (won't enumerate DS if BME isn't working)
- Swapped power from wall wart to PoE and tried the wall wart on another LK (works as expected)

Once the bug triggers it won't read anything over 1-wire until reset by keeping the reset down in which case it will read until IP is pinned to manual.

Do I just return it? I don't want an unstable device.
Bme280 od on i2c intarface. Do you set this sensor in i2c settings as primary sensor.

Do you have spliter to ds18b20 nad i2c?
(09-30-2021, 07:54 PM)wilkxt napisał(a): [ -> ]Bme280 od on i2c intarface. Do you set this sensor in i2c settings as primary sensor.

Do you have spliter to ds18b20 nad i2c?

Primary sensor
It won't detect BME and it won't read serial number of DS18, so it's not just i2c, it's also 1-wire.
Yes I have copied the settings off of a working device to be sure. Like I said, I have like 10 controllers, they all work with the same settings, 4 of which in the same network. Also, it worked when rebooted and set to BME280. So the setting is correct and working until IP/hostname is changed.

Splitter
I have this sensor here that comes with the splitter, but I also tried with a DS18B20 I had, that doesn't have one. I admit most of my tests were made with the BME, but after BME stopped working I tried with a directly inserted DS18. So I am fairly certain that it won't work with 1-wire but not 100%. I'll try again.
(10-01-2021, 12:00 PM)IMNdi napisał(a): [ -> ]Also, it worked when rebooted and set to BME280. So the setting is correct and working until IP/hostname is changed

BME workink until IP/hostname is changed?
Well the issue is kinda solved.

I left the device running and after a while it started reading the BME again. It is still acting a bit weird in that it is the only one that does this, but after the name/IP change if you wait for a few minutes it just starts working again, like a timeout has happened internally.

I have a location where I just need it to monitor temperature and start a fan as a result, so I will not be returning it. Subsequent resets seem fine, so I'll be keeping it.

Thank you for your patience.